ANGELA M. CAVALLO
920 Meadow Lane, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547 (850) 496-0820
Bringing expertise in financial/inventory management, and procurement with additional skills in:
- Customer Support
Earned Value Mgmt
Recognized throughout career for utilizing excellent leadership and team-building skills as a Project Manager.
- Successfully completed projects such as the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), Haystack and Fed log.
- Consistently demonstrated solid organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills resulting in a process improvement decreasing lag time and streamlining multi-disciplined team communications. Achieved a $100K annual cost savings for high priority materials needed for repairs awaiting parts (AWP).
- Flawlessly managed a $2.1M monthly budget and significantly contributed the organization award for Best Financial Services Office in the United States Air Force in 2002.
- Recipient of the Organizational Excellence Award and Best Financial Services Office Award for 2003 under Headquarters Air Force Material Command as key player in the Unit.
- Named the Key Point Person while deployed to Operation Southern Watch because of successful project management for support of over 1,300 personnel.
THE BOEING COMPANY, Fort Walton Beach, FL 2004 – Present
Project Lead / Cost Account Manager / Supply Chain Analyst (Special Operation Forces)
- Successfully performs tasks evenly split between two main levels of responsibility: Project Management and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management Responsibilities:
- Performs support system analysis and planning, estimating, and scheduling analysis
- Effectively develops project plans and deliverables, monitors and integrates project elements and configuration regarding change management process and decisions
- Serves as a liaison between management and the team
- Directs all phases of projects from inception through completion
- Consults and negotiates with project participants and stakeholders to establish project deliverable definition, tasks, and schedule commitments to maximize efficiency of project objectives
- Develops schedule recovery plans, resource capacity plans, and risk mitigation plans
- Prepares outcomes, assessments, and corrective action initiatives to senior management
- Supply Chain Management responsibilities:
- Monitors the performance of five Supply Chain Analysts
- Administers financial budgeting/forecasting processes and financial analysis services
- Creates purchase requests and authorizes both Over and Above (O&A) and Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) procurement requirements for the Product Support Division
- Proficient in manual, web-based and server applications used to procure and track both piece parts and purchased services
- Communicate with internal and external customers providing status of repairs, part availability, price, and delivery schedule for products and services
- Tracks corporate overhead expenses for labor/material accounting and maintains automated reports for eight internal customers
- Discovered $200k difference in material cost tracking resulting in prevention of budget overrun because of thorough data analysis and error identification skills
- Prepares schedules, budget and resource plans, and estimates for complete (EAC)
- Assesses program status utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) data and methodologies
- Develops and updates demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and replenishment requirements
- Analyzes data to determine inventory change requirement
INTEGRATED DATA SERVICES, Eglin AFB, FL 2006 – 2007
- Provided financial and program management services in support of implementation of the Comprehensive Cost and Requirements (CCaR) system for Acquisition Offices
- Utilized Department of Defense (DoD) Financial Management Processes, Government Financial and Accounting Systems, and DoD Acquisition and Budgeting processes
- Analyzed and audited program requirements, schedules, budgets and program execution for the P5 Combat Training System, Aerial Targets Systems and Miniature Air Launch Decoy programs
- Provided CCaR program and budget execution training to Program Managers and Financial Managers
- Successfully reconciled $30M in program expenditures eliminating a 6-month backlog
U.S. AIR FORCE, Eglin AFB, FL 1994 – 2004
Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, FL / Bank Atlantic (Main Branch), Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Accounting Supervisor / Acting Section Chief
- Managed the receiving, processing, auditing, and data input of over 6,000 pay-effecting documents monthly into the Defense Joint Military Pay System.
- Reviewed overpayment and debt collection notices and assured accurate input against members’ military pay records. Prevented liability for loss of funds and illegal, incorrect, or improper payments.
- Streamlined procedures that greatly improved processing of debt collection notifications.
- Created computer-based training and digital process guides on qualified extended family member applications resulting in increased productivity of 15 Financial Services Specialists.
- Directed and integrated cost activities with cash operations, disbursed, collected, and accounted for cash and negotiable instruments.
- Exceeded Air Force Headquarters’ goal of 95% timeliness and accuracy by over 4% monthly.
- Processed over 5,000 disbursement vouchers monthly totaling over $4M in EFT and cash.
- Accurately processed 150 collection vouchers worth over $1.5M monthly in an automated
- Assisted over 12,500 active duty and retired personnel with processing and computing travel vouchers and Temporary Lodging Expense claims and other documentation.
- Decreased base monthly accounting and reconciliation requirements by 50 person-hours.
- Processed over $3M in vendor payments with zero interest penalty payments.
- Flawlessly processed over 1,465 checks with cash flow exceeding $245K.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
TUIO University Cum Laude
Masters of Business Administration / Logistics, 2009
American Intercontinental University
BS Business Management / Project Management 2006
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Microsoft Office Suite
Program Management Best Practices Training Course
Earned Value Management Basic Training Course # 9CHEVBASIC
Business Opportunities Risk Identification System Training
Leadership Academy (Distinguished Graduate)
Financial Management and Service
- Product Support’s Sustainment Program Employee of the Year 2008-The Boeing Company
- Product Support Employee of the Month November 2007-The Boeing Company
- Product Support Employee of the Month July 2004-The Boeing company
- The Boeing Company Pride Awards (6)
- Airman of the Quarter (3)
- Airman of the Month
- Sharp Image Award
- Sharp Troop Award
- Professional Performer of the Month