Michael Roy Caban
Rua Formosa • Edf; Iao Hou • 12 Andar B• Macau (SAR)
+853-6252 4064 • email@example.com
Hotels and Resorts Operations executive with 40+ years of technical, engineering, and management experience who is committed to success while achieving revenue, cost, productivity, and delivery goals. An effective problem solver and communicator who can successfully guide a cross-functional team to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Project Planning & Scheduling Quality Assurance Control/Standards
- Budget Planning & Administration Team Building, Mentoring & Leadership
- Regulatory Compliance Management Operations & Process Reengineering
- New System Design/Development Start-up & Turnaround Operations
- Supply Chain Management Principles Problem Solving & Change Management
- As Vice President Gaming Operations, oversaw core business and operational development functions. Employed to design setup and staff over 3,000 employees in all aspects of Gaming Operations consisting of 250 Gaming Tables and 350 Gaming Machines.
- Departmental responsibilities included Table Games, Gaming Machines, Security, Surveillance.
- Created and managed pre-opening Capital expenditure Budget for all Gaming Departments.
- Prioritized and coordinated tasks to complete projects within deadlines as well as selected and negotiated purchase price and contracts for the scheduling system. Communicated with suppliers.
- Implemented Policies and Procedures to safeguard assets, complied with Macau laws, DICJ, etc.
- As Sales and Marketing Director, supervised Australia New Zealand, South Pacific, and South East Asia locations.
- Responsible for daily operations, inventory management, administrative tasks, customer service, and supplier relations.
- Achieved a strong record of success in a dynamic environment.
- As General Manager Gaming, responsibilities included managing the smooth transition from Harrah’s management to Sky City’s Management while corresponding with investors to convince them that the company was able to achieve a sustainable competitive future.
- Network with local businesses and organizations to match company objectives with clients’ needs.
- Assisted with all operational facets of pre-openings of Sky Alpine (opened in late 2000) Sky Riverside (opened in late 2002).
- Part of Due Diligence team that purchased Adelaide (July 2000) and Darwin (early 2004).
- Contributed to best practices through development, recommendation, and coordination of performance measures.
- Achieved business objectives by strategizing to target increased visitation and activity.
- As General Manager Table Games’ Services, responsible for the introduction of new Table Games, Rules and Procedures while promoting positive customer relations and motivating employees.
- Compliance with Gaming Procedures and Internal Control mechanisms as well as new Table Games, Rules and Procedures.
- Liaison for Victorian and Gaming Authority, supervised training and development of employees, participated in performance reviews, held employees’ accountable for their actions, and wrote Internal Control Manuals.
- Inventory management, Gaming Equipment purchases, table performance analysis in addition to project management, designs, implementations and installations.
January 2006-November 2008 Vice President Gaming Operations,
Galaxy Entertainment Group (Starworld)
April 2007 Galaxy Entertainment Group, (Cotai: Macau)
*Project put on hold indefinitely in November 2008 due to economic conditions.
May 2004-December 2005 Sales and Marketing Director,
TCS John Huxley
June 1998-April 2004 General Gaming Manager, Auckland, New Zealand
Sky City Entertainment Group, Corner of Victoria and Federal Streets
May 1994-May 1998 General Manager Table Games’ Services, Southbank 3006
Crown Limited, 8 Whiteman Street
EARLY CAREER SUMMARY
March 1986-April 1994 Assistant Manager, Townsville, QLD 4810
Sheraton Breakwater Hotel, Sir Leslie Theiss Drive
March 1985-March 1986 Gaming Machine Manager/Table Games Trainer, Perth, WA 6000
January 1982-March 1984 Floor person/Inspector promoted to Pit Boss,
Federal Hotels Limited,
- Don Hotel—DARWIN
- Mindal Beach DARWIN
- Wrest Point HOBART
October 1980-December 1981 Manager/Technician,
- Staffing agents for Cruise Ships
- Comprised of 4 (four) Tables
- Consisted of 35 (thirty-five) Slots
September 1979-September 1980 Machine Technician, Newcastle, NSW 2300
Neil Clarke (Machine Agent)
February 1979-August 1979 Inspector—Floor person/Trainer, BOTSWANA, AFRICA
Holiday Inns, Gaborones
February 1977-January 1979 Inspector—Floor person, HOBART, TAS 7000
Federal Hotels, Wrest Point
March 1976-February 1977 Dealer, LONDON, ENGLAND
Playboy Organization, Playboy Club
As needed: Attend Workshops, Conferences, and Meetings to acquire necessary
Certifications and Certificates in order to more adequately perform job duties.
Apprentice Electrical Mechanic/Tradesman—Electrical Mechanic,
B.H.P. Newcastle, • January 1969-August 1973
Trainee Dealer, Federal Hotels, Wrest Point,
HOBART, TAS 7000 • March 1974-February 1976
- Married to a United States citizen
- My wife and I have 3 grown children
- Born on February 7, 1953
- Australian citizen currently residing in Macau
- Worked in Macau Industry until recently